[Amps] A Crying Shame

David Harmon K6XYZ at comcast.net
Sat Jan 31 15:01:36 EST 2004

Last night I happened to have a QSO with K6AD, Tom.
I asked him for more details on shipping heavy transmitters.
He said that Allied Van Lines has a partner company named Allied
Electronic Moving and
He hired them to move (2) Collins KW-1's from NJ to his San Francisco
area QTH.
There was no crating or boxing done, the movers just put the rigs on the
truck, wrapped padding around them and strapped them down. Then they
headed cross country.
The rigs arrived with zero damage and the movers put them into his house
into a prepared location.
I have seen both these transmitters and they are indeed, pristine.
I hate that stupid EBay word....but that is truly what they are.
The cost was $600 total to move both rigs.
A real bargain considering the size, weight and value of these rigs.
These things are worth $22K each!

Regards

Dave Harmon
NSRCA 586