[Amps] Re: Opinions sought on Drake L7

Thomas R. Williams n2cu at magtrol.com
Tue Jul 6 13:20:19 EDT 2004

John,

I purchased a NOS Drake L7 several months ago and have found it to be a very well built and sexy looking amp. Looks great next to my FT1000MP. Easy to use and will put out 1kW+ without much sweat. There are some mods that you should perform to the amp, IMHO.

Is the power supply a weak link? No. Is the power wasting divider network an irritation? Maybe, but it can be remedied.

I have performed a bunch of mods to mine which I am going to fully document and make available to the list, including digital photos. This will be coming soon.

Have not regretted buying it one bit.

73,
Tom N2CU <><