[Amps] Re: Finals will not neutralize Just how good are Svetlana and Russian tubes ??

donii at sympatico.ca donii at sympatico.ca
Mon Jul 12 17:30:49 EDT 2004

The subject line says it all. I've read a few posts that cite problems
with stability and parasetics pronlems with foreign tubes.. I have a FL
2000 that I would like to retube but I'm afraid....... I sure would not
want to 'test' these tubes in my beloved TS-820....this my 'Baby' among
my 7 boatanchors!
Anybody have firsthand experience with these tubes?
What about the Chinese 6146's...I've heard  things not soo good.
I think that I'll go the 6883 route . I don't mind modifying the
transceiver a bit.....after all I bought it to transmit not to sit in a
'Collection' .   My wife uses her antique furniture in the house ....I
use my  boatanchors or they won't stay here. I'm not running a museum.
Those electron have to move in my shack!
73's
VE2FAR
Peter