[BULK] - [Amps] HF and 4cx250b's

R.Measures r at somis.org
Sat Jul 17 09:12:59 EDT 2004

On Jul 15, 2004, at 7:23 AM, Steve Katz wrote:

> 4CX250Bs require a regulated screen supply, making the PSU design more
> complex.

=F0  However, the screen current is so low in a 4cx250B that it often=20
goes negative, so the tube  is ideally suited for using a simple=20
zener-string shunt screen regulator connected to the LV end of the HV=20
bleeder-R.
http://www.somis.org/D-a-10.GIF
This circuit happily protects the tube from any possible failure mode.
---  cheerz, Jerry