[Amps] Screen supply for pentode

Traian yo9fzs at office.deck.ro
Mon Jul 19 03:17:08 EDT 2004

Hello Oleg,

Even if exist, the negative screen current may be low enough to permit
the use of a (higher value) bleeder resistor at the series regulator
output.

But, before building a such project, I allways think for what may be the
worst...
When failing, the semiconductors are usually becoming shortcircuited.
This is a good enough reason for me to decide using parallel regulator
for the screen and series one for the grid because in the case of
regulator power device failure the tube will be cut off.

GL,
73,
Traian