[Amps] Line power supplies.

Will Matney craxd1 at ezwv.com
Sun Jul 25 13:02:47 EDT 2004

Unless that floating ground fails too! Anything could fail and is my
point without having the isolation of a transformer. Any type of
regulator circuit will work here but the safety is nil upon any failure
of the ground system. The floated system is what I was calling an
isolated ground where the actual DC ground was not tied to the cabinet
chassis. The problem is that if something in the power supply was to go
awry, the hot or ground terminal could still go to line voltage and
apply this to whatever is being ran from the supply. Or at least is my
way of seeing it, tell me if I'm wrong.

Will Matney

"Nothing protects against the happenstance of: missing ground,
reversedhot/neutral. If there is any path from the line to the chassis,
it is going to hurt!!!
If the entire amplifier/power supply assembly is "floated" inside a
grounded cabinet and then fed by RF input and output transformers it
would be as fault tolerant as a typical design."

73 & Good morning,
  Marv WC6W