[Amps] GS-35B

JMLTINC at aol.com JMLTINC at aol.com
Mon Jul 26 08:20:24 EDT 2004

Hi Tony-

The answer to your question is gain. While the G-G configuration is the easiest to implement, for a given input, the output is considerably less than if it were grid driven.

My transceiver has 100w output and I can expect perhaps 1,300w with this drive. However, the tube is capable of gobs of power with more drive. To achieve higher power, either I will need a brick to drive it in G-G or operate it grid driven. Yes, there are problems with this approach, but it is worth a look.

-John N9RF