[Amps] Alpha-76pa Question

Gudguyham at aol.com Gudguyham at aol.com
Fri Jun 4 06:40:14 EDT 2004

In a message dated 6/3/04 11:49:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time, n2mm at fcc.net
writes:

> I am leaning towards a 5.1v/1 watt zener that is in the cathode bias
> line...Am I looking in the right direction?

Is the resting plate current normal?  If so, the zener is not your problem.
What is the SWR looking into the amp?  Is that low?  Is your exciter folding
back in power?  Is the testing being done in a dummy load?  Have you tried
changing the coax between the exciter and the amp?  Perhaps your antenna is
suspect?  A dummy load is the only proper way to test an amp.  What say to these
questions, then we can proceed from there.  73 Louie King Conversions