[Amps] plate E 3cx800A7/3CPX800A7

Steve Thompson g8gsq at ic24.net
Wed Jun 16 09:24:02 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 16 June 2004 12:53, Lane Zeitler wrote:
> Looking for Eimac data sheet info for max plate voltage on the 3CX800A7 and
> the 3CPX800A7, not pulsed service but amateur ssb and cw ratings. Any info
> greatly appreciated.
There's an app note on the Eimac web site about use at band 2 - they suggest
the 3CPX version for places where the line voltage might vary a lot, setting
the ht high so it's still able to put out the power when the voltage droops.
As best I recall, they recommend 2500V off load, 2250V on for the plain CX
and about 1kV more for the CPX.

Steve