[Amps] looking for

David A. Pruett k8cc at comcast.net
Fri Jun 18 19:23:19 EDT 2004

At 08:49 AM 6/18/04 +0200, DEHAYS Dominique wrote:
>I recall I found once a web page where a 2m amplifier was described . This
>amp used 2*8877 , and the amplifier was build around a modified surplus
>amp. Unfortunately I don't recall who did this , so I'm not able to find
>the pages agn. I recently bought a surplus cavity , and I wonder wether it
>is the same or not? Anybody recalls this design?
>73's Dom/F6DRO

Dom,

I remember the article you're referring to.  It was written by a KL7 (I
can't remember his call).  I think the pictures were on the K6NDV Amp
Photos web site (now QRT, I believe).

The deck he started with was some sort of Motorola unit which originally
had 4CX250s.  I don't believe it was a cavity design.

Not much help, I'm afraid but maybe these details will jog someone's memory?

Dave/K8CC