[Amps] What to do with tubeless sweep tube FL2000 ?

Bill Fuqua wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Mon Jun 28 09:16:03 EDT 2004

Maybe go to (4) 837's or modified 1625's. Not as much power ( they were
really pushing the sweep tubes anyway).
Look at the LA-400 amplifier made by P&H on bama.sbc.edu. ( no www). 1200
volts is just about right. Or you could run
tetrodes (4) 4x150A  and get more power (AB1=620w, AB2=850w) than a pair of
G17B's and the 4x150A tubes can be gotten cheap. The sockets with out
built-in by-pass capacitors are fairly cheap ( buy surplus T-195 modulator
tube assemblies possibly from Fair Radio).
73
Bill wa4lav