[Amps] 2 x 8877

S. J. Blackwell w5lu at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 1 15:55:09 EST 2004

>Steve,
I had such an amp in the 1950's complete with window. It had a square cut
out with glass. Beneath the glass was a layer of copper screen material for
TVI suppression. The amount of VHF radiation would, to me, seem to be
nothing as far as health is concerned even without the window screen. The
4-1000 was ,needless to say, not much of a vhf amp, particularily at the
radar freqs that you are worried about. The voltages are not really high
enough to produce much in the way of X-Ray radiation. I would believe have
at it and don't get too up tight about radiation.
73,
Sam, W5LU