[Amps] Grounded B+ amplifier

R.Measures r at somis.org
Sat Mar 13 04:51:38 EST 2004

•  The floating cathode/DC grounded anode amplifiers that I have heard
about had tank circulating current had a water-cooled tube, vacuum-caps
and a water-cooled inductor.   Reducing the L of the anode choke
obviously solves helps to resolve the resonance problem, but perhaps
there is some advantage in eliminating the DC-blocker cap at such power
levels by going to the DC-grounded anode configuration?

>Bill:
>       You asked for comments, so here goes (short and sweet). I have never
>had to spend more than about half an hour with some magnet wire and pieces
>of PVC

•  PVC does not have a low dissipation-factor.  ABS and G10 are about the
best.