[Amps] 3CX1500D7

Ed Briggs edbriggs at optonline.net
Sat Mar 20 06:44:06 EST 2004

I wonder what the market is like for this device. Would Ham OEMs find this
an attractive component when the majority have turned to 4x800?  I realize
they could eliminate the screen ps and various protective circuits which all
contribute to the 'cost of goods' but does that compensate for the higher
tube price and filament requirements.

Eimac (currently) has this tube listed in the Ham section but not in the
other (broadcast, communications) sections. I wonder if this is an
oversight, or really signifies the intended market.

I hope it is a big success in any case.