[Amps] microwave oven reused parts

John T. M. Lyles jtml at lanl.gov
Mon Mar 22 09:32:54 EST 2004

The cathode (-) power supply may have a large steel canned capacitor
around 1 uF. It is rated for high AC voltage in doubler service, and
is usually polypropylene dielectric. If it is rated for few kV, it
makes a very nice capacitor for tuned filter power supplies, across
the appropiate choke to make a 120 Hz parallel 'trap'.

John
K5PRO