[Amps] 3CX1500D7

Phil Clements philk5pc at tyler.net
Tue Mar 23 15:56:02 EST 2004

>Planning ahead takes care of the wait requirement.

.  I've seen 80m West-Coast to Europe openings into that were over
within
3-minutes after I turned on my transceiver.

Excellent point, Rich. This phenomenon occurs even more quickly and
often on 160 meters. When trying for the rare antipodal areas, which
you only have a path a few days per year via the gray-line, even less
than a three-minute window is common. When I got serious about DX on
"top-band," I went to the 3CX3000A7 because I had one, and it powers
up fast. Of course, the instant-on feature is only of interest to
those of us who are DX nuts, and those who don't like the added heat
and noise in the shack for hours on end while looking for QSO's.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC