[Amps] Re: GU-84b: Drive power required for full power output ?

Frank Goenninger frank_goenninger at t-online.de
Thu Mar 25 18:21:09 EST 2004

Hi again:

I initially intended to ask if about 1A of input current will be enough
to really get reasonable power output?

This comes from a simple calc from Pout of the TRX, which is about 100W
producing about 1.4 A of current into 50 Ohms.

Also, for this tube, what type of input circuit would you recommend when
trying to cover all bands up to 30MHz ?

Thx again for all info.

73, Frank DG1SBG