[Amps] Solid State Relays

Glenn McNeil vk4tzl at bigpond.net.au
Fri Mar 26 15:59:16 EST 2004

Hi Gang..

Anyone had any experience using the Opto22 series of SSR's in Power Supply
construction ?
I've got two Opto22 Model 240D10-17 Devices and was thinking about using
one to control mains supply to a 3kv Power Supply. They supposedly use
zero crossover switching but I was wondering about their behaviour during
fault conditions. I will be using G3SEK Boards to control things, and
ideally drop off the control voltage on the Opto22 during a fault, thereby
removing the mains supply

Is this a better way then using a beefy relay...and are these things
reliable ?

Anyone got any experience/exposure to these things ?

73

Glenn
VK4TZL