[Amps] Re: Drake L7 newbie

Dudley Hurry jhurry at austin.rr.com
Fri Mar 26 22:48:31 EST 2004

I have a L7 and with 80 watts drive you get about 1200 output.   With 100
you will get 1400, 125 will yield legal limit.   Do you want to push the
powersupply that hard?   Cooling the powersupply with an aux fan is a
necessary thing to do, but the 3-500s are very capable of producing the
power.    Be careful of the bandswitch, keep it clean and NEVER switch it
with the amp keyed..

A good step-start is a good ideal, but like the old SB220s they have run 30
years without it..    But after all that time being boxed up, it would not
surprise me that the filter caps are dried out and need to be replaced.
That would be my number one mod..

Thanks and 73's,
Dudley
WA5QPZ