[Amps] DTR2000L parts & advice?

AB2E Darrell ab2e at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 28 23:06:04 EST 2004

Hello Everyone,
I am new to the list. This is Darrell AB2E in NJ. I recently purchased a
Dentron DTR2000L. It was working great and the tube is full output. During
the WPX contest this weekend, it began to overheat, and I believe the plugin
relay K2 has opened (it looks like the small wire running through the
material inside has opened and the ceramic-looking material appears burned
where the wire runs through it). The green ready light went out, output
dropped to zero, and suddenly I had near infinite SWR showing on the
transceiver.

Has anyone had this problem? I cannot determine the maker of the relay from
looking at it. The labeling has faded, and it just says in the parts list
12V relay.

I found a page at Surplus Sales where they list a 12V, 60S delay, normally
closed relay which looks somewhat similar to the one I pulled.
http://www.surplussales.com/Relays/RETimeD-5.html
Has anyone tried one of these or have any suggestions?

THanks in advance and 73,
Darrell AB2E