[Amps] power vacuum tube hi-pot and "conditioning"

Traian yo9fzs at office.deck.ro
Tue May 4 02:23:28 EDT 2004

Hello Peter,

and thank you for answer.
During my search on the web, I have reached some similar info as yours,
but it seemed to be applied to very large power microwave tubes only
and the vacuum ion pump you describe is used for improving the
vacuum for these very high voltage tubes.

The post below:

http://lists.contesting.com/archives/html/Amps/2001-09/msg00232.html

was the most interesting and useful for explaining what was hapening.
Reading it again, carefully, I realised that what I found is an already
known method aplied for improving vacuum for some power tubes
when manufactured.
Indeed, it seems that some sort of "gettering" was produced that way.

Thanks,
73 and all the best,
Traian