[Amps] 3kv variable one amp PS

Bill Fuqua wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Wed May 5 09:41:35 EDT 2004

I have often purchased these kind of things for $1 at university auctions.
You have to realize that the auctions are a way of them getting rid of stuff
that would other wise cost them a great deal of money. If the things have
oil capacitors or oil filled transformers ( just as the 150KV power supply) it
cost them real money to test these and then dispose of them properly.
They are happy to get rid of them. Even old electronic stuff that has
Tin Lead solder is a problem. They are held to a higher standard than the
average individual because of the quantity of waste they produce.

73
Bill wa4lav