[Amps] DVM recomendation

dj2001 at mn.rr.com dj2001 at mn.rr.com
Fri May 7 08:43:18 EDT 2004

>On May 6, 2004, at 6:42 AM, Bill Turner wrote:
>
>>  On Wed, 05 May 2004 12:41:19 -0400, Gary Schafer wrote:
>>
>>>  Fluke is apparently the Cadillac but expensive. Any suggestions that
>>>  won't break the bank?
>>
>>  _________________________________________________________
>>
>>  Raid the cookie jar and get a Fluke.  They are expensive, but you'll
>>  never be sorry you bought the best.
>
>•  My ancient Fluke 8020 DMM still works after
>20-somethin' years.  I recommend buying a Fluke
>HV multiplier probe for those who work on
>amplifiers. With a name like "Fluke", you know
>it has to be pretty good..
>
>>   I used to work in the avionics
>>  industry and we wouldn't use anything else.
>>
>>  --
>>  Bill, W6WRT
>>  QSLs via LoTW

>Richard L. Measures, AG6K, 805.386.3734.  www.somis.org

I have a Fluke 77 which has provided reliable
service for many years with only one battery
change.  I also have an old Fluke 8000 series
which I purchased at a garage sale for $5.  The
batteries are still with it and it works just
fine.  I use it in my shop.  We had Flukes at
work and they also were trouble free.  I don't
know how much they cost now, but like everything
else I suppose expensive.
Fluke should be a good choice although I'm sure
there are others that will fill the bill.

73
Dale, K9VUJ