[Amps] Kenwood 830S Filters

Jim Miller JimMiller at STL-Online.Net
Sat May 22 15:13:58 EDT 2004

My first radio was the Kenwood TS120 used and it had the YK88C filter in and
the used TS440 I replaced it with also took the YK88C.  It had an after
market filter that was said to be "better" (250 or 300 Hz if I remember
correctly ) than the Kenwood.  So.... I believe most likely that nearly all
the radios from Kenwood in that era used the same filters and YES, there
"were" after market filters available for them.  NOW.... No, I don't know
where you might find one But I would think it would not be too much of a
problem.

Good luck and 73, de Jim KG0KP

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steven Cook" <sccook1 at cox.net>
To: <Amps at contesting.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 22, 2004 12:05 AM
Subject: [Amps] Kenwood 830S Filters

Thanks to all for the info on my 6146A/B/W question.

Anyone out there know where to get the Kenwood YK-88C and YG-455C 500Hz
filters for the TS-830S?

I don't think they are available from Kenwood any longer.  Is there a
preferred after market supplier of said devices?

Thanks in advance...

-- Steve
WG7K