[Amps] Amplifer that was for sale

Phil Clements philk5pc at tyler.net
Tue Nov 2 02:03:29 EST 2004

Sorry to hear about the 30L1 Richard.

E-Bay, in recent years, has gone from "politically correct" to
paranoid!

I have not listed any electronics lately, but I spend about 40 hours
per week buying/selling used fire equipment.
Electronic sirens and warning lights with red or blue lenses are a
no-no and are pulled as soon as some do-gooder turns them in.
I guess they think some terrorist will put them on his car and reek
havoc. If the siren is a mechanical model, or the lights are "Kojak"
or "bubble gum" style, that's okay with E-Bay.

Maybe E-Bay thinks that the 30L1 will end up in Osama's cave. I
wouldn't be surprised at this at all.

Some members of this reflector wonder why threads about E-Bay topics
appear here. I used to build or modify amps at a pretty good
clip some years ago. E-Bay at that time, but now to a little lesser
extent, is a gold mine for parts. It took me a year to learn how and
when
to bid to get a price that was reasonable. Recently, some good ideas
were presented here that may help a newbie amp builder get the stuff
he needs. E-Bay is one of our greatest sources, but you must know how
to play the game. (BTW, UPS, Fed-EX, and Priority Mail are the
real winners on auction sites!) I would think that helping fellow
ampers find parts is a vital and useful purpose of this reflector.
Please excuse
us if we bore or disappoint you.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC