[Amps] Ten-Tec Centurion

Will Matney craxd1 at ezwv.com
Wed Nov 10 20:15:36 EST 2004

Rich and Tom,

I'm pretty sure there's no RF switching circuit in that amplifier. About
the only use of this I remember in amateur amps was a mobile solid-state
amp. I doubt it would have a relay jack if it had RF switching either.
My guess is the same as Rich's about possible parasitics causing this.
Tune C has a voltage rating high enough to withstand normal operation at
the operating frequencies, but may not at VHF frequencies. The amp
shouldn't operate at all with the switching jack un-connected. If the
amp seems to be operating without it, that sounds like self oscillation
to me.

Best & 73's

Will Matney