[Amps] Ten-Tec Centurion

Bill Fuqua wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Thu Nov 11 09:13:46 EST 2004

         I just took a look at some of the emails on this subject. Saying
that please pardon any repetition of anything previously mentioned.

         When the amplifier is in idle state what impedances does it see on
the input and output. Unloaded amplifiers are prone to oscillate at times
at resonance not necessarily at VHF frequencies. The parasitic suppressors
only eliminate VHF parasitic oscillations.
         If the cut off bias is removed before the relays make solid
contact for on the input an output the amplifier may momentarily oscillate.
Or it may just  amplify the incoming signal and if the output is not
loaded  (output contacts not closed quite yet) create a very large voltage
across the contacts.
         Perhaps the problem is that the bias needs simply needs to be
removed a bit later.

73
Bill wa4lav