[BULK] - Re: [Amps] Shock hazard?

Steve Katz stevek at jmr.com
Fri Nov 12 14:37:52 EST 2004

>   I know this don't necessarily have to do with amps, but I figured I'd
>   show this as what not to do in building any tube application. Can anyone
>
>   spot the shock hazard on the old CD capacitor checker? I seen this and
>   my jaw dropped, oh the good ol days =)

	::Lots of stuff has shock hazards.  At least capacitor checkers
aren't routinely used by toddlers and houswives.  My "megger" has a
hand-crank generator and can develop about 10kV with one turn of a crank,
and drop that right across the exposed test terminals.  Then, an AC-line
powered appliance can be dropped into an occupied bathtub...-WB2WIK/6