[Amps] Zero Crossing circuit

Ken Warren Ken_Warren at beavton.k12.or.us
Wed Nov 17 17:12:39 EST 2004

I tried a zero crossing controller in a 750 volt power supply prior to
running it on the 3KV plate supply and my experience was that the
laminations in the transformer made so much noise that it was not usable.
The audio from the modulator caused the laminations to act as a speaker
and it was loud enough to cause feedback. The transformer did have well
sealed laminations. I would like to know if others have tried this also
with the same result

Ken Warren K7RPX