[Amps] Zero Crossing circuit

Will Matney craxd1 at ezwv.com
Thu Nov 18 11:00:51 EST 2004

Bill,

To me, as long as it keeps the inrush current down to an acceptable
level, it's okay with me. If you don't hear that big thump, something is
doing its job I would think. I've never had any experience with zero
crossing circuits so I cant comment that much. I just understand the
theory behind them. All I do know is that step start works to reduce it.
The only way to tell for sure is measure the peak "on" current that's
drawn. If it's okay, then the components wont get jarred as hard.

Best & 73's

Will Matney