[Amps] tube flatulence - gettering

Peter Frenning, OZ1PIF oz1pif at privat.dk
Fri Nov 19 14:09:36 EST 2004

Back in the early 60's, I homebrewed an 2xEL84 LF amplifier running some
450V on the anode - way way over spec as I remember (just looked it up: 300V
max producing 17W/tube in class B), to produce some 50 or 60W output (I'm
somewhat hazy about this figure now, some 40+ years later), what I do
remember clearly is the blue light emanating from the tubes, pulsating in
sync with the output - also that tubes only took this for about a year
before having to be replaced (that may have been due to Bill Haley and other
Rock'nRoll bands though)

Vy 73 de OZ1PIF, Peter

email: oz1pif(no-spam-filler)@privat.dk
http://home24.inet.tele.dk/oz1pif/