[Amps] Trio TL-922 Filament Transformer...

Will Matney craxd1 at ezwv.com
Sat Nov 20 00:45:17 EST 2004

One other note of importance I left out. Placing 120 volts on the 100
volt tap will cause more current to be drawn by itself. This is because
the turns per volt will be different and cause the transformers primary
to not have enough inductance for 120 volts. This is also known as the
"ampere turns" in a transformer. A 20 volt difference is 20% of the
total voltage and is a good amount. The current should raise 20% just by
this, not counting what the load will draw extra. For 5 volts and 10
amperes as standard, it would raise the current to 12 amperes. That's a
good amount when figuring the circular mils of a conductor for heat
dissipation and the amount of iron in the core stack in a low voltage
transformer.

Will Matney