[Amps] Re: Step-start calculation

Will Matney craxd1 at ezwv.com
Sun Nov 21 23:17:00 EST 2004

Tomm,

That's a good example of it and shows how much higher the flux density
is at startup where the density is past the knee into saturation. I'm
not sure how many cycles this happens in, most likely by the design of
the transformer itself. I've never really set down and run the numbers
on any, just knew it was there. A lot of the relay manufacturers will
have ratings for switching transformers, how to size them for surge
current, and by the KVA of the transformer.

Best,

Will Matney