[Amps] vacuum relay failure

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Mon Nov 22 12:26:07 EST 2004

Interesting.  Thanks, Vic.

I know it was the output relay because the grid and plate meters on the amp
were still swinging -- in fact, probably over-swinging because of the
unloaded state.  I had an arc or two when that happened.  Then when the
input side decide to go, I was no longer showing any swings in either plate
or grid current.  Didn't notice anything on the receive side, so far as I
recall.

I have a spare set of contacts for the HC-1 on the output, so all I need is
the inpout relay, and a couple of those are on the way from Allen Bond at MGS.

73, Pete