[Amps] Advice on instruments for ham use

Floyd Sense fsense at copper.net
Tue Nov 23 13:55:09 EST 2004

Pete - last spring I bought a Tektronix 2235 from a fellow at the Charlotte
hamfest who has a business of restoring and selling used good quality
scopes.  He replaces the CRT if necessary and does a complete calibration.
Saw him at the Shelby, NC hamfest over Labor Day weekend.  I believe his
home is in Atlanta and think I've seen his ads somewhere.  I'll try and find
my receipt so I can give you his name.

The 2235 is a nice light-weight dual trace (100 MHz) scope with delayed
sweep, etc.  I picked up a pair of new Chinese probes (1X/10X) on eBay and
they work just fine for my radio work.

Here's the incredible part of the deal I made: I forgot my checkbook that
day, and the guy told me to just take the scope home and try it out and then
send him a check!  I looked at a lot of other scopes that individuals were
selling at hamfests and there was always something lacking.  This guy's
scopes are all very clean and working perfectly.

K8AC