[Amps] Advice on instruments for ham use

carl seyersdahl carlseye at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Nov 24 20:01:31 EST 2004

Bill: I tried to answer your letter to Pete, with a CC to Amps, but my
server said "what's going on here?
 So, I ll try again a little shorter .!! If anyone has a scope that's better
than my old "an/usm-117 (a real antique) Please let me know. I used several
HP's in the late 50's early 60's in govt work, but I don't recall the
no's.!!
 they were pretty big, mounted on carts, and we used them mostly for RTTY
adjustments, etc.
   I'm not a beggar , but I have a few things I woul;d part with if I find
the right scope.!!! (but time is short)
  We have a local Hamfest coming up next week and some of my "treasures"
will go there (or to the dumpster)
  , even tho it makes me sad.!!!!
    Solid state or tubes is not important, as long as it works properly.!!!
     carl / kz5ca