[Amps] mounting 3CX3000A7 Horizontally

Bill Fuqua wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Tue Nov 30 16:36:45 EST 2004

   Just bought a  plasma generator at a surplus sale ($25) which was made
by International Plasma Corporation. It appears to have a 3CX3000A7 mounted
horizontally. I had always assumed this is a no-no but maybe not. I don't
have my data sheets handy other wise I'd take a look.  I hope the tube is
still good. I know that stuff gets handled very roughly when transported to
our surplus sales site.  I had gotten some Analogic 200 MHz MRI RF
generators one time with 4CX5000 tubes in them. These were obviously
dropped  one was seriously busted up and both had tubes popped out of their
sockets.
    Another time I got an old 250 watt FM broadcast transmitter ($1
bid)  and all the tubes were busted in it except the most important one,
the Phasitron.  It was well protected.
    Obviously, I need to make an adapter for my portable tube tester to
check the 4CX3000A7. So far the largest tubes I have tested have been
4-1000, 8877, 4CX1500 tubes.

73
Bill wa4lav