[Amps] Transformer shop update

craxd craxd1 at ezwv.com
Tue Oct 5 23:48:57 EDT 2004

George,

I was actually going to make them heavier than that. The screen windings
were going to be rated at 250 mA, the bias at 125 mA, the 12 V at 2
amperes, and the 6 V winding at 10 amperes. Most all the supplies will
have losses and actually require more current than the DC output. These
will be able to run full wave, half wave, and doubler circuits with room
to spare, running at CCS. I wanted to do this to keep the heat way down
to where they could be mounted in chassis that wasn't ventilated well. I
figured a rough price of $100.64 each with a watt rating of 205 watts to
compare to Dahls pricing of similar. These use an EI 1-5/8" laminate
1-1/2" in depth. The physical size of the core is 5-1/4" wide x 4-3/8"
high x 1-1/2" deep, with the steel weighing 8 pounds. The estimated
finished weight will be about 12 pounds. You can look up a similar
transformer at Dahls website weighing 12 pounds and 205 watts. Thanks
for the interest, I should be up and running around December.

Best & 73's

Will Matney