[Amps] Kenwood TL-922A on 6 meters?

Bill Turner dezrat1242 at ispwest.com
Wed Oct 6 13:18:24 EDT 2004

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 02:25:21 -0700, R.Measures wrote:

>Clay -- The fly in the pie is that the stock, variable 150pF Tune-C has
>too much minimum-C for 50MHz operation.  To fix this problem, one needs
>a 5 - 25pF unit -- which isn't going to have enough C below c. 21MHz.

This problem can be fixed with a simple coil acting as an L-network
connected between the plate choke and the input tuning capacitor.  I
used this technique on a Heathkit SB-1000 I converted to six and it
allowed me to use the original tune capacitor.  Details are in any
recent ARRL handbook.  Far more cost-effective than installing a new
tune cap.

--
Bill W6WRT