[Amps] Power meter in amps....TNX for the replies!

Thomas Hoeppe thomas.hoeppe at asamnet.de
Fri Oct 8 14:24:12 EDT 2004

Hello friends,

thanks for all comments about building couplers for power meters. I tried lots of versions over the last days. The best results I got was using center tapped designs, but winding the core bifilar. 2 opposite sides of each wire lead to the diodes, the other sides connected together and used as "center tap". It is the same like making a 1:4 transformer. Together with a FT...-43 ferrite the difference of the voltage for the same power was within 10% from 160 to 10m. When calibrating the meter on 20m, the missreading on 160m or 10m is not too big.

Thanks for all your valuable comments!

Tom, DJ5RE