[Amps] Need for input tuning circuit

Bill L. Fuqua wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Fri Oct 8 21:03:30 EDT 2004

But, if you are only operating CW or FSK it is not needed. Due to the fact that intermodulation distortion is not an issue. You can operate class C.  The only need for some ( very little) linearity only to prevent key clicks. If you used a very nonlinear amplifier such as class E key clicks will be produced when using OOK or CW.  That is why for CW they modulate the power supply. It softens the turn on and off.
73
Bill wa4lav