[Amps] Plate tank for 144 MHz using 8877

jeff millar wa1hco at adelphia.net
Sat Oct 9 00:23:09 EDT 2004

Bill

Check out the "easy build" amplifiers from this site

http://nd2x.net/yu1aw-2m-easy.html

The design shows a GS-31B or GS-35B, but the same output network will
work for an 8877.

I've also been working on two variations of the YU1AW design that don't
use the output capacitor with a floating shaft...the network looks more
like an HF pi-network. I can define them for you if you're interested...

There's a bunch of other designs on the nd2x site. Check out the long
plate line designs, they're fairly easy to make and very efficient, but
large.
http://nd2x.net/PA3CSG-2.html
http://www.pa7ta.com/144MHz_RF-Deck.htm

Or this one with a flat plate line
http://www.dg2kbc.de/gs35.html

All the GS-35B designs will work with an 8877 because they're the same
plate voltage and current.

hope this helps...

jeff, wa1hco