[Amps] 4CX350 in Dentron Clipperton V ?????

K8MLM at aol.com K8MLM at aol.com
Sun Oct 10 08:19:15 EDT 2004

The 4CX350 also requires a different tube socket.

Some quick questions for the reflector. I just purchased a Dentron Clipperton
V 2meter amp (still waiting for its arrival). I have a new 4CX350 tube and
was wondering if it can be used in place of the 4CX250 without modification
and
is it worthwhile doing this? I am not really looking for more power output (
was told to expect 325watts out), but more duty cycle and longevity as I will
be using this mostly on FM simplex. I do intend to upgrade the blower for
better cooling.