[Amps] Plate modulator xmfr ?

peter.chadwick at Zarlink.Com peter.chadwick at Zarlink.Com
Mon Oct 11 07:08:50 EDT 2004

I believe AM B/C xmtrs (if they're still being made with tubes!) tend to
go for pulse width modulated  type amplifiers for the modulation, and no
transformers. Over here, the aithorities even intend to get rid of FM in
the next 10 years, and go all digital.There are parts of the UK where
multipath makes standard FM a bit difficult (because of the geography, or
more accurately, the topology) and apparently DAB just doesn't work.
Strange, because digital is supposed to be better with bad multipath.
Still, we all know that anything digital must be better!

As one of my managers once said 'Don't confuse me with facts - just give
me opinions that agree with mine!'

73

Peter G3RZP