[Amps] Ebay sales

Joe Subich, K4IK k4ik at subich.com
Mon Oct 11 10:35:20 EDT 2004

> From: Will Matney
>
> the bidders names were being kept private. Why on earth would
> they want to hide the bidders names? I'm just letting this out as a
> warning about some ebay items. When something like this shows up, you
> need to make extra sure what's going on.

There are those who would not want anyone to know they were bidding
on a 3CX10K ... thus the reason for the hidden bidders list.

Yes, the hidden list has a greater opportunity for "shill" bidding
but that risk exists with a normal auction - though it might take
two or three accounts to disguise the practice if bidder IDs were
shown.

Put simply, in any auction the buyer needs to decide what they are
willing to pay and stick to it rather than allowing himself to be
caught up in the frenzy of "just gotta have it."

73,

   ... Joe, K4IK