[Amps] Tube chimney fit GU-84B

Will Matney craxd1 at ezwv.com
Thu Oct 14 21:51:30 EDT 2004

I finally run that website down, and I screwed up when I posted about
it. That was a GU-43B, not a GU-84B. I recalled the number being
familiar, and see now they are about the same but backwards, 3 similar
to an 8. Sorry about the confusion, I didn't want anyone to by a socket
and tube that didn't match. I caught this after I posted about me saying
the 84B had a glass base when it doesn't, the 43B does.

What I did find is there is two versions of the GU-43B. One is about 5
mm shorter than another because of the different manufacturers. There is
a ceramic-steel version with a number of  Q-IP/41 which uses the same
socket but is stouter than the GU-43B because of replacing the glass
base with ceramic. Anyhow, the GU-43B would be a good tube to use with a
good price. It will give a good 1.5 Kw output at 3000 Vdc and 900 mA.
Theres a few carrying these with matching sockets here in the US. Below
is a link to the page I ran down about the fits. It is actually a Dutch
site, not Russian like I thought. It has all the designs in English and
Dutch.

GU-43B amp;
http://home.planet.nl/~fhvgeerligs/Lineairs/Frinear1500/FRI1500eng.htm

Homepage;     http://home.planet.nl/~fhvgeerligs/Lineairs/Lineairs.htm