[Amps] knob & meter scales

Bill Coleman N2BC n2bc at stny.rr.com
Sat Oct 16 20:13:41 EDT 2004

Hi George,  I use an inexpensive general purpose CAD program, DELTACAD
($40).

http://www.dcad.com/

I have been using it for schematics, chassis and panel layouts, panel
labels, meter scales, etc.   It may take a bit of time to learn, but the
results are terrific.   If you have access to a machine shop, the output
files can directly 'feed' a numerically controlled milling machine, etc.

For meter scales, I print the new scale on plain paper, cut it to fit the
existing meter plate.  I give both sides of the new scale a light coat of
clear krylon, then glue it to the back of the original plate with wallpaper
adhesive.

Here's a sample of one I did for a club project:

http://home.stny.rr.com/n2bc/CathodeMeterScale.jpg

There's a rather poor picture of the finished project with a bunch of
re-done meters and some panel labels here:

http://home.stny.rr.com/n2bc/PT_Project.htm

Best of luck!

73, Bill  N2BC