[Amps] Drake L4 tube replacement

Jan Erik Holm sm2ekm at telia.com
Sun Oct 17 00:46:45 EDT 2004

Did surf the inet a bit. Found 3-400Z at www.tubedepot.com
for $279.95, dont know if they still have them but maybe.
Also 4-400A´s and even 4-250A´s could be used however sreen
and grid has to be tied together and if there is any zener
diode bias in the L-4 it has to be removed, i e cathode has
to be grounded directly in order to get decent operating point.
Also I tend to remember that one L-4 I saw did use "open chimneys",
i e same diameter top and bottom, but my memmory could be wrong,
if so ofcourse it makes it easier to drop anything in there.

73 Jim SM2EKM