[Amps] a question on non-linearity

Roger D Johnson n1rj at adelphia.net
Thu Oct 21 15:59:26 EDT 2004

CLIVE COLLINS wrote:
> Good evening Gentlemen,
> Could some learned reader advise me as to what exactly a triode's characteristics would be like if it were to be described as "non-linear".
> I have a working knowlege of the vacuum tube family but I am unsure as to what this description means.
> I have something that will possibly make 5 kilowatts called a 7C23 by ITT and I cannot find any details other than as stated.
>
> And yes, I do have a licence, but even the older members have mental block at times!
>
> Regards and thanks in advance.
>
> Clive GW3WEQ

Hi Clive...

The only info I have on this tube is that it was used in
US Coast Guard LORAN A transmitters in bygone days. I
have one on the shelf here as a reminder of my days as
commander of LORAN station Spruce Cape on Kodiak Island,
Alaska circa 1976.

73, Roger

--
Remember the USS Liberty (AGTR-5)