[Amps] GU84-B ratings

Will Matney craxd1 at ezwv.com
Mon Oct 25 16:44:06 EDT 2004

Barry,

That Dutch website I listed a few days back had one of the better
designs using the GU-84B tube I've seen. The only weak part I thought
was him using a light bulb as a dropping resistor for the screen shunt
regulator. To me, it would allow too much of a current surge until the
filament heated up. The shunt regulator used is for QSK, and can be
modified by using a 3900 ohm, 25W resistor there at the bulb. I actually
had a good e-mail conversation with the builder on it. To me, from what
I recall, he had the voltages ran pretty much at spec. Below is the link
to the site, you might find it useful.

Website:   http://home.planet.nl/~fhvgeerligs/Lineairs/Lineairs.htm

Best & 73's

Will Matney